PERSONALIZED MEDICARE HELP FOR NEW YORKERS
If you live in New York and want personalized, professional help to enroll in Medicare and/or choose a plan, you have come to the right place. We offer
Expertise: New York Medicare plans are different. We make them our sole focus and specialty.
Personal Service: We work with you as long as it takes for you to feel comfortable with your choices.
Experience: Medicare advocate at the 92nd Street Y and Stanley Isaacs Senior Center for over 6 years.
Unbiased Research and Advice: We take no commissions from insurance companies or other third parties.
Medicare's plan options are complicated and confusing. We make it painless and easy to understand:
- Original Medicare (Parts A and B)
- Medicare Advantage (Part C)
- Prescription Drugs (Part D)
- Medigap (Medicare Supplements)
Medicare's enrollment rules differ depending on your situation. We guide you through:
- Initial Enrollment Period (when you turn 65)
- Open Enrollment Period (October 15 to December 7)
- Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (January 1–March 31)
- General Enrollment Period (January 1–March 31)
- Special Enrollment Periods
- You or your spouse is over 65 and still working
- You or your spouse is over 65 and leaving your job
- Other Special Enrollment Periods
Group presentations are also available for non-profit organizations and businesses. Call for more information.
- Medicare Open Enrollment Workshop: 95% of Medicare beneficiaries can save money by reviewing their 2020 coverage.
- Medicare Initial Enrollment Workshop: You can enroll in Medicare 3 months before or after the month of your 65th birthday.
Jess Joseph, Patient Advocate
Jess Joseph has been helping New Yorkers find the right plan and save money for over 6 years.
- Board Certified Patient Advocate
- Licensed NY State Health Insurance Consultant
- Patient Advocate, 92nd St. Y Senior Program
- Patient Advocate, Stanley Isaacs Senior Center
- Certificate in Patient Advocacy, UCLA
- BA, University of Chicago
- Manhattan resident for 40 years
Unbiased advice & research
Unbiased advice is hard to find, even on Google. Insurance companies have a built-in conflict of interest—their profits vs. your welfare. News media lack the space and expertise to properly explain your options. And now Medicare itself is accused of bias
in presenting the facts. Because we take no payments from insurance companies or third parties, we are free from any conflict of interest.
Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage
Until age 65 we have no choice. We take whatever health coverage our employer decides on. Then, with no prior experience buying health insurance, we need to decide between two entirely different systems and 74 total plans. We help you navigate the Medicare maze so you can make an informed choice.
New York city street smarts
New York’s laws governing Medicare Supplements (Medigap) are different from laws in other states. We can show you ways to take advantage of these laws to save money on Medigap—strategies not covered by the media. Understanding Medigap will make your Medicare Advantage and Part D drug decisions much easier.
Part d prescription drug plans
The average Medicare beneficiary pays $400 more than necessary each year for prescription drugs. Only 5% of us choose the least expensive plan. Why? There are too many plans to choose from (23 in New York City) and people focus on monthly premiums without calculating total costs. We drill down into the details to find the least expensive plan based on the drugs you take.
As we age, our worries about health and money increase. It’s different for each person. We take as much time as you need to help you sort out your concerns and understand your options. We don’t quit until you have the confidence and peace of mind that comes from knowing you have chosen the best plan to meet your personal needs.
Medicare Supplements (medigap)
Supplements are the most confusing part of Medicare, in large part because clever advertising has made it so. Everyone says that if you choose Original Medicare you “need” a Medigap plan to cover the “gap” in Medicare. But in reality, there is no “gap” in Medicare. A Supplement may be a wise choice, but it is not a need. We may be able to save you money because we have nothing to sell.
Schedule A Free Consultation
It's painless and easy to find out if our help is right for you. Schedule a 15-minute phone consultation to ask questions and learn more about what we do. There is no charge for this and no pressure to make decisions while you are on the phone.